Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's not the stuff, it's the journey

I just finished the Menstuff hunt.  I didn't mean to do it.  I wasnt going to do it.  In fact, I swore after the last one I would never do another hunt again.  And yet, here I am, having lost 10 hours of my life I'll never get back,  with 100+ new items in my already glutted inventory.   Why did I do it? I'm not sure.  Invariably I will delete far more items than I will keep.  (From the last hunt I did, I kept exactly 3 items.)  For some people it must be the thrill of the hunt.  But you know, even in wireframe view, crap is crap, is crap.   For some it must be the hope that you will glean some gold from all that dross. (Three items I tell you.  Count-em! One, Two, Three.)

I think the thing that keeps me doing them is this...they make me go to places I'd never go to otherwise.  They make me explore even when I'm not inclined to do so.  The lure of free stuff just sweetens the pot.  They take me around the grid and I get to see what all those crazy content providers I hear so much about are up to. Sometimes I find a great new store, every once in a while I find a worthwhile gift, but, more often,  what I find are places that remind me just how imaginative and creative the denizens of Second Life can be.   I find reminders of why it has held my interest for so long.  Other things vanish off my radar with alarming regularity but Second Life has managed to pique my interest time and time again.  The free stuff is incidental.  It's not the stuff.  It's the journey.




Now that's hot.  Prince Charming ensemble from Okey Designs.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

About-me

Nicholas Patrono has been a denizen of Second Life Since January 2007.

Featured-Content

Popular Posts